Donors and volunteers are powerful partners
10 Ways to Help Ten Grands
Ten Grands, an annual benefit concert at Seattle’s Benaroya Hall, is made possible through generous support from volunteers, in-kind services, sponsorships, and underwriting. All proceeds from this entertaining “musical variety show” are used to promote the musical arts for K-12 students in Washington state.
Ten Grands originated in September 1999 in Portland, Oregon and debuted in Seattle in 2008. In 2013, this concert featuring 10 grand pianos and 10 talented pianists became a program of Seattle Symphony, with continuing support from a committee of community volunteers. Since its inception, it has raised more than $3 million (all locations). Proceeds have benefited more than 65 music education organizations around our state.
Here are 10 ways you can help this community effort to share the joy, the healing, the learning, and the life-changing gifts music has to offer, especially for youngsters and underserved populations:
- Attend the concert. Tickets may be purchased online at: SeattleSymphony.org/TenGrands or by phone: 206-215-4747.
- Organize a group outing to Ten Grands with friends, family, clients and co-workers. Groups of 10+ receive special benefits; contact Group Sales: 206-215-4848.
- Purchase tickets for donation to music educators. Thank you, teachers!
- Underwrite tickets (and/or transportation) for students and their chaperones.
- Become a sponsor. Many options are available – please inquire.
- Underwrite expenses or stipends for the performing artists, including some who travel to Seattle.
- Make a direct financial contribution to Seattle’s production of Ten Grands through the Seattle Symphony (earmarked for Ten Grands).
- Invite a representative of Ten Grands to present a program at an upcoming meeting of your service club or business organization.
- Give “Ten Grands” tickets as gifts. (Mother’s Day is May 12.)
- Help spread the word: Extend invitations to constituents who would enjoy hearing ten grand pianos on a dramatically-lit stage with ten concert pianists playing a variety of classical, jazz, blues, gospel, boogie woogie, pop, contemporary and original music, and point them to the box office or website to purchase tickets (see #1 above).
Download 10 Ways to Help Ten Grands